Middle Aged Treehouse

I'm only mature in years.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

What people with ADD think about at the symphony

Tonight I took Jack and his best buddy Michael to a fantastic concert that forever sealed us in the Official Book of Nerds. The Music of Star Wars, complete with dancing Storm Troopers. A wonderful time.

I adore watching a live orchestra. Especially when so many of the musicians are so deadpan. My thoughts wander to so many things, like:

Wow. Look at all the variations of wood colors in the cellos. I like the reddish brown one best.

Who dusts way up there?

Are these light effects sequenced by computer, or are there some fleet-footed janitors madly running around flipping switches in the back room?

Is that a man or a woman? So hard to tell when everyone wears pants. Okay, now I see the huge earring. Well, still not sure.

Do these guys look down upon playing for the Pops series patrons? Do they feel like they're "slumming it?"

What kind of vehicle must you have to transport a bass or a harp?

200 years from now, will someone play the music of John Williams and introduce the show with "And here are some lovely pieces created for something called FILM?"

Wouldn't it be cool if I could play that little triangle as a guest artist?

I love live music. So much to think about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home