Middle Aged Treehouse

I'm only mature in years.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Texas is Not For Sissies

Don't read this if you're easily grossed out.

I checked Jack into band camp today, a process which robbed my life span of several hours and left me with what Kate refers to as my "pink ham face." I stood in line for about at least an hour with 350 other exhausted and confused parents. When I pulled my sunglasses down from the top of my hairdo where they were jauntily perched, the lower half of the lenses were beaded with sweat. And I was inside the building at the time.

It was so @#$*ing hot today, I swear my water bra dehydrated down a whole cup size. Not kidding.

And don't try to blame it on pre-menopause. Texas is HELL!

2 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

I'm scared to weed whack....any spark might set off wild fires...

7:25 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

AMEN!!
Damn summer.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home